Hickory, NC Attorney for Guardianships
Guardianship offers support and protection for vulnerable people who are legally incapable of caring for themselves. In some cases a guardian is needed for a minor child whose parents are unavailable or unable to provide the needed care.
In other cases, an adult needs a guardian due to Alzheimer's or other dementia, traumatic brain injury, mental illness, severe addiction, or other issues. An adult may need a guardian of the person to help with decisions about housing, healthcare, and education, or a guardian of the estate to manage financial affairs. A general guardian addresses both personal and financial issues.
At Raven M. Barron, PLLC, we understand the challenges involved when your loved one needs guardianship. The person in need of protection (also called a ward) may be grieving or may be resistant to getting the help that is needed. We work with families and other interested parties who must make the difficult decision to pursue guardianship of a loved one. Our services include:
- Preparation and filing of petitions for guardianship for adults
- Petitions to appoint a guardian for a minor child whose parents are deceased
- Motions to modify a guardianship
- Petitions for ancillary guardianship for management of property located in North Caolina
- Serving as Guardian ad Litem (GAL) to represent the interests of a child in a North Carolina guardianship proceeding.
We are committed to offering you clear, competent legal guidance during the guardianship process along with the support and compassion you need at this challenging time.
Raven M. Barron, PLLC works with families in Burke, Caldwell, and Catawba Counties and the surrounding areas of Western North Carolina. We invite you to contact Raven M. Barron PLLC to schedule a consultation about your guardianship needs. We look forward to working with you.